Schoology Resources for Families
London Towne ES will be piloting Schoology for the 20-21 school year. This learning management system will replace Blackboard 24/7 and Google Classroom.
Schoology is the learning management system that will be used divisionwide in fall 2021. It is a learning space that supports instructional practices aligned to FCPS’s learning model and help students reach the Portrait of a Graduate goals.
What is Schoology?
Schoology is a learning space that enhances face-to-face and distance learning through communication, collaboration, and personalized learning.
Teachers use Schoology to communicate via live class sessions, post their classroom materials online; to provide a safe forum for students to discuss their ideas and collaborate on projects; and to assign and collect homework electronically. It helps students stay organized and it keeps the class connected.
Click the buttons at the bottom of the page for FCPS directions for accessing accounts and help videos!
Schoology Account Information
- August 24: Activation date for student accounts
- September 2: Activation date for parent accounts, course availability for students
Student Login Information:
- Double click the Schoology icon on the desktop of your FCPS computer and log in with your username and password.
- Click on the course with your homeroom teacher's name. You will use this course for meeting with your homeroom teacher (both English and Spanish teachers for immersion students) and Specials.
- Click on the "All Student" course with Leo the Lion for meeting with other teachers in groups.
Parent Login Information:
- Go to lms.fcps.edu on any computer or click on the link above the school photo on the LTES homepage. You can also download the free Schoology mobile app.
- Log in with your SIS ParentVUE username and password. Please contact Carolyn Licastro, our school registrar, if you need help activating your SIS ParentVUE account.
Error Message Logging On? Can't Authenticate?
- When more than one person (parent and/or student(s) logs into Schoology on the same computer/web browser, you may get an error message when logging in. You will need to clear the cache and delete the history.