Kindergarten Supply List
Welcome to Kindergarten! The Kindergarten year is a wonderful time in your child's life: a time of beginning, learning, growing, developing, and blossoming. It is exciting and challenging! Throughout the year, your child will grow cognitively, physically, socially, and emotionally. Our program is designed to facilitate and stimulate growth in all these areas. We see the kindergarten experience as a three-element society: children, parents, and teachers, who work together to make every day fruitful. If you have any questions or concerns before starting our year, please feel free to contact the main office at 703-227-5400.
We look forward to working with you this year,
The Kindergarten Team
Please, attempt to purchase the brand name and size of the supplies listed below.
Each child will need these school supplies (no need to label, as we will be sharing in the class community):
- 2 boxes of 24 regular size crayons, Crayola brand only
- 1 box of colored pencils, Crayola brand only
- 24 glue sticks
- 1 package of Crayola washable markers (thick ones, any colors)
- 1 pair Fiskars brand, plain, blunt-tip metal scissors (children’s size)
- 1 package of #2 standard size Ticonderoga brand pencils
- 2 boxes of facial tissues - Kleenex
- 1 box quart size Ziploc bags
- 1 container of disinfecting wipes (e.g.: Lysol)
- 1 bottle of hand sanitizer
- 1 box gallon size Ziploc bags
Each child will need these supplied LABELED with the child's name:
- 1 pair of headphones (no earbuds, no Bluetooth)
- 1 change of clothes in a gallon size Ziploc bag
- 1 LARGE backpack (no wheels)
We do many projects in kindergarten to support our studies. If you would like to help us by sending in additional supplies (leftover or new), we can use: glitter, large and small paper plates, sequins, wiggle eyes, pompoms, playdough, felt, fun foam, ribbon, cotton balls, colored copy paper, stickers, kitchen paper towels, and hand soap.
We are planning field trips to enrich our learning during the year. Please do not send any money now, but budget about $10.00 for potential field trips for the school year. We typically see a performance and take a walking trip to the Fire Station as well as a trip to the Centrewood Plaza to learn about jobs in our community.